Sunway to Clayton campus internal course transfer

Guidelines for 1st year Engineering students

The criteria for selection to a particular branch will vary each year depending on satisfactory completion of level 1 units, students demand and number of places available.

Clayton disciplines
Electrical and Computer Systems

Guidelines for all other students

Students who have completed two semesters in the Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Engineering(Honours) at Malaysia are also eligible to apply to transfer to one of the following specialist programs. A limited number of places are available in the specialist programs and students will be considered on the basis of academic merit.

Direct entry
Bachelor of Aerospace Engineering
Bachelor of Environmental Engineering

Students who have completed three or more semesters in the following programs can transfer to the corresponding program at the Clayton campus.

Sunway campusClayton campus
ChemicalBachelor of Engineering in the field of Chemical Engineering
CivilBachelor of Engineering in the field of Civil Engineering
Electrical and Computer SystemsBachelor of Engineering in the field of Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering
MechanicalBachelor of Engineering in the field of Mechanical Engineering
MechatronicsBachelor of Engineering in the field of Mechatronics Engineering

Students may also be eligible to enrol in a double degree. Applications for transfer are assessed on a case by case basis. For further information email


Students transferring from the Bachelor of Engineering or the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Malaysia to the corresponding course at the Clayton campus are assessed as continuing students. Students transferring into any other single or double degree in Engineering are charged at the commencing student rate.