Skip to content | Change text size
Chemical Engineering home

International Students Working While Studying

Working while you are studying in Australia is allowed and many students do a limited amount of paid work. As an international student, you can work a maximum of 20 hours per week while the course is in session, and full-time in vacations.

You will need to apply for a visa with 'permission to work', (condition 8105) after you commence study. This visa costs an additional (approx. $55AUD) and application forms are available from Monash International. The Monash International campus offices can process your visa application for you and advise you on the tax requirements.